[Libreoffice-ux-advise] to duplicate an existing style

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Sep 5 14:06:12 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

sorry, again forget to "reply to all". Why can't the list be organized
as all the others?

Cor Nouws schrieb:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Olivier Hallot wrote (05-09-11 20:05)
>
>> Can we get "Duplicate" and the new style name be "Copy of xyz"? All xyz
>> attributes get copied in the new style.
>
> I always thought that New does that trick with the selected style ..?

Not a real copying. What happens with "new" depends on the kind of
style. For the most kinds you get a style with a link to that style,
from which you call "new". With this link the value of the properties
are inherited. So you can build a hierarchy of styles.

An important exception is the page style. You cannot build hierarchies
of page styles. But for page styles the properties are not copied to the
new page style, so that you have to start from scratch. So there is a
deficiency in page styles: you have neither linking nor copying.

I guess, that adding "Copy" to the page styles will be easier than
adding a linking feature. But I have not examined the code.

Kind regards
Regina