[Libreoffice-ux-advise] The "no border text" feature in Writer 3.5 is not complete

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sun Feb 19 12:30:29 PST 2012

NoOp wrote (18-02-12 05:31)

> [...]
> Yes, I suppose that I could have spoken up earlier if noticed the issue
> directly during casual tests of 3.5. However, would it have actually
> made a difference? I think not given the responses on this list, the dev
> list, and the user list.

While doing dish washing, my thoughts suddenly stopped at this, and I
remember I did skip this paragraph yesterday.

So, from my memory, and from my own experience solely with the work
towards 3.5, I know
  -  two features changes that were reverted for time being, because
they were not mature/ready/caused problems, as was clear from (partly)
my testing: changes in default styles in Writer, and changes in the RTF
import.
  - also, some massive changes in 3.4.5 (IIRC) handling of password
protected files was the result of early testing.
  - furthermore a proposed change by one of the devs for key bindings
(Full screen) has not been implemented, because we all lacked time to
discuss that in enough detail at that time.

So I cannot confirm what you expect.
( I do not write that it is easy to bring ideas forward and to find
enough time to do the testing etc needed for these contributions ;-) / :-\ )

Kind regards,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org