[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Killed the ButtonBar in slide sorter

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:02:25 PDT 2012

Hi Mirek

> I'm suggesting reusing the Presentation toolbar (under the name "Slide
> toolbar", since its actions apply to the current slide, not the whole
> presentation) with the "Duplicate slide" button shown by default.

Oops. Sorry for misreading your post.

> If you're afraid about the lack of association between the slide pane and

The slide SORTER shares code with the slide pane and I am unsure about
how well that will work together with the updated toolbar. The slide
pane seems fine to me. That is, except for the fact that we'd need to
find out where the Drawing toolbar should then go (which is activated
in Impress by default and also rather long).
Putting another toolbar on top of the Drawing toolbar would mean we'd
waste space, not having the drawing toolbar at the bottom left would
somewhat disturb consistency.

Sorry for this extremely late answer.

Astron.