[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Any thoughts on fdo#44941?

Daniel Mania daniel.mania at umb.no
Tue Sep 4 03:05:30 PDT 2012

Hei Cedric!

Good to hear about the pop-up having disappeared (I am using 3.5.6 due
to a memory bug).

A temporary header/footer after a double click should not change the
layout at all. If the user really decides to enter text, the temporary
header/footer could remain a foreground layer, overlapping and covering
the rest of the document. Changing of the layout would be triggered only
after the user clicks somewhere outside the header/footer, signalling
that a header/footer should be inserted. Without text having been
entered, the header/footer layer would just disappear, as if nothing had
happened.

In my opinion, we could just leave header/footer creation the good old
LibreOffice way. I am not overly fond of the idea of "copying MS Office
to attract new users" and I don't think that actually works out anyways.
But that's another story ...

Greetings,
Daniel M