[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Killed the ButtonBar in slide sorter

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Sep 26 04:15:55 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 11:49 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> I agree with the header/footer thing.

	Heh - I think the general concept of things appearing instantly on a
timeout you can't see, and then being click-able is a really bad one. We
had this with header-footer widgets getting clicked by mistake.

> Never heard complaints about the button bar, other then that it's
> creation came together with the hiding of the slide name...

	I've heard the complaints -worse- I've seen the effects at conferences:
"oh, where did that slide go" (afterwards it turned out to be
accidentally hidden) that have harmed people's talks, not isolated
examples either and different to Kendy's set so ... ;-)

> I can understand that people do not like pop-ups. And maybe I even do
> agree. But removing them, leaves the challenge that they were set up for
> in the first place, the problem that they were to solve, orphaned..?

	Yep - it seems a shame to hide something that is quite beautiful and
seems like it -should- be really useful, but ... screwing up people's
presentations is not ideal ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.