[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

pierre-yves samyn pierre-yves.samyn at laposte.net
Thu Nov 21 09:36:22 PST 2013

Hello

The discussion started with : "Could you guys form a good consensus..."

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3 wrote
> don’t divert the discussion
> This is an UX list, remember?

Well...  I think we have not yet found ...

It seems to me that good technical arguments have been given for
these buttons no longer appear in the scroll bar.

It also seems to me that experienced users have clearly expressed
they use these buttons.

It seems that so far no concrete and definitive proposal was found to
move the buttons to another location.

It seems to me unfortunate that the functionality is already removed
from the master and I wonder about the usefulness of this discussion...

My proposal is:

- Remove the current Navigation toolbar by moving the feature
("Back" and "Forward" in history) in the "other" Navigation toolbar
(the one that can be detached from the Navigator). Add their navigation
mode (in history) to those existing (table, text frame, graphics...).

- Transform the Navigation toolbar (that can be detached from the navigator)
in a "standalone" toolbar that can be anchored and displayed via the
View Toolbars menu.

- That done, we can remove buttons from the scroll bar...

Regards
Pierre-Yves