[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Thu Nov 21 10:42:22 PST 2013

Le 21/11/2013 15:06, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos a écrit :
> A simple reason to not have any widget over scrollbar area: when they
> change size they cause a lot of usability issues. And it’s not only
> this navigation set of buttons: remember what happens with the Sheet
> tabs in Calc? We get a lot of bug reports regarding that they are too
> small, hard to click, unreadable, etc. It's the same with the
> navigation buttons. IT’S SIMPLY NOT the place to have any UI elements.

Why ? That means only that the software has to control itself the size
of the scrollbars. If the window manager takes bad usability choices, is
it necessary to applaud ?

[...]
> (Now, don’t divert the discussion saying that we should accept any UI
> from MS

I know that my English is too bad, but I said exactly the contrary.

>, and MS users will be alienated, and all that stuff. This is
> an UX list, remember? And MS removed the buttons as well, remember?)

Indeed and because it is an UX list you should explain when do you will
restore the navigation function which is suppressed by removing this
button.
Even if this button is not the right implementation of the function, the
function is useful and should be kept. That means a function being
accessible in the default UI, and not only in the Navigator or in a
toolbar which is not open by default.
When do you will do that ?

JBF