[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat Nov 23 06:52:55 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 02:55:11PM +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> It's obvious that the state of the discussion is far from reaching
> "good concensus" (what is what you asked for) and I do not
> understand why the control is removed (patch pushed) now, while it's
> unclear wheter there will be a better solution then the maybe in
> some cirucumstances "not perfect" present solution.

The patch in question:
- was on gerrit since Sept. so it had to have a decision being make
- on gerrit it had two votes supporting the change (Tor, Alfredo)
- I notified this list for their convenience, and checked back a week later
  with no conclusive vote to be found

As such the change goes it, as letting the original author wait even longer
would be highly discouraging to the author and a bad precedent to contributors.
As said, this doesnt bar this list to provide construtive input on how to proceed.

Best,

Bjoern

P.S.: Also note, that just because this is now in on master it would be
      impossible to undo for a release. But I would really hate to do that, as
      there is an opportunity to push this forward and let Samuel make this better in
      4.3. As said, that would need a quick and conclusive description on where to go
      from here.