[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sat Nov 23 12:21:11 PST 2013

Hi Bjoern,

bjoern wrote (23-11-13 15:52)

> The patch in question:
> - was on gerrit since Sept. so it had to have a decision being make

OK, if there is a technical reason that a decision is needed, fine.
Therefore I thanked you to ask this list.

> - on gerrit it had two votes supporting the change (Tor, Alfredo)
> - I notified this list for their convenience, and checked back a week later
>    with no conclusive vote to be found

One couuld also judge the many questions, doubts and oposite opinions
in this list as a veto for push at this state? Especialy since you asked
for a good consensus ;)

> As such the change goes it, as letting the original author wait even longer
> would be highly discouraging to the author and a bad precedent to contributors.

Of course the work of Samuel is much appreciated. Also, he contributes a
lot!
But does that mean that there can't be a single patch that is build on a
wrong assumption?
And as for now that might well turn out to be the case - lets see what
response comes to the analysis in the other mails this afternoon.

> As said, this doesnt bar this list to provide construtive input on how to proceed.

It might well do the other thing - it's not only developers that are
humans that may get discouraged by the way things go.

Maybe there is a way to try prevent both :)

> P.S.: Also note, that just because this is now in on master it would be
>        impossible to undo for a release. But I would really hate to do that, as
>        there is an opportunity to push this forward and let Samuel make this better in
>        4.3. As said, that would need a quick and conclusive description on where to go
>        from here.

I'm eager to learn what the real problem is that is solved with the patch.

Kind regards,
Cor

--
  - Cor Nouws