[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Nov 24 04:18:12 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 09:21:11PM +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> One couuld also judge the many questions, doubts and oposite
> opinions in this list as a veto for push at this state? Especialy
> since you asked for a good consensus ;)

Nope. AFAIK we set up ux-advise to give developers directions when they are
lost. There was no clean direction to be derived from the discussion even after
one week (or two month after the patch was proposed).

As there is no clean consensus here on where to go instead of what was proposed
in the patch, giving this inclonclusiveness veto power would be a moral hazard
that would bog us down very quickly.

Going forward, it might make sense to make the requests for advise on this list
timeboxed (e.g. one week) at least for patches ready to go on gerrit -- which
would mean this list would need to selforganize to provide a conclusive verdit
and advise on the question at the end of an elaborate discussion.

> But does that mean that there can't be a single patch that is build
> on a wrong assumption?

Maybe. But as long as there is no good proposal on what to do instead, that
isnt relevant.

This doesnt mean thst this suddenly is the final call on this. We should mostly
avoid dogmatic 'this was decided, so we will never change it again.' stances.

Actually, I see this happening in a positive way: You are directly engaging
with Samuel on the topic, and in the end this will certainly improve the
product in the end.

Best,

Bjoern