[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 16:50:52 PST 2010

On 09/12/10 22:21, Marc Paré wrote:
> I can see how a USB stick would be a more elegant way of distributing
> the distro. The price would seem to be the only problem that I can
> see. Framakey (Framasoft) is offering a 4gig stick for 19Euro and 4Eu
> shipping. A smaller and less expensive stick could be offered with
> just the LO distro on the stick. The cost would have to be kept as low
> as possible.  Framasoft carries the portable OOo, I imagine that they
> will eventually carry the portable LibreOffice as well. I am not sure
> if he has pronounced himself on this.

imho, if we're not running a commercial enterprise (or even if we are)
this is actually quite expensive. Okay, I bought SD cards not USB
sticks, but I've just paid £9 for 2x2Gb, retail. Dunno how easy it is to
copy in bulk onto SD chips but I would have thought it would be easy to
get "card plus reader" for under £5 each in bulk. What's the
Euro/sterling exchange rate? Last I heard I thought they were close to
parity :-(

Cheers,
Wol