[Libreoffice] LO: Linux distro specific packages vs. universal build

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Oct 14 08:22:00 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 16:45 +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think about what package names and paths use for the openSUSE
> LibreOffice packages. I wonder how they should conflict with the
> universal Linux Libre Office build and what they should share with it.
>

> 	+ /usr/lib(64)/libreoffice - proposed path for distro-specific
>                               build

Yup, works for me.

> 2. user configuration:
>
> 	+ ~/.libreoffice/3 - used by the universal linux build
> 	+ ~/.libreoffice/3-<distro> - proposed alternative
>                    distro-specific path, e.g. ~/.libreoffice/3-suse
>
> 	I tried to use the same directory but the other build did not
>         start because incompatible berkley DB, see the attached
>         screenshot

I thought that problem has been sort of fixed at some stage to
ignore/overwrite those databases when they couldn't be opened
(#i107440), *shrug*, if not, then sure, the above works for me. We got
something similar with dual boot guys with different versions of the
same distro, so maybe best to somehow version that name using the
version of db that OOo is built against :-)

> 3. package names:
>
> The only problem is the same name for the libreoffice-ure package. I suggest to
>         rename it to libreoffice3-ure in the universal linux build.

Yeah, this has been something a problem in the past. That works for me.

C.