[Libreoffice] Robert Nagy: Problems with your python library patch

Andreas Becker atayoohoo at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 20 00:52:35 PDT 2011

Robert,
my patch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-4&id=6c3539d8e1dbad13264b862e1344e3c3a8690dec
your patch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?id=2b03888a918b7020a1f9330686dc531222057573

> as far as i saw the reason to use an absolute path for linking instead of
> using -lpythonX.XX is that at least debian does not ship a shared object
> within
> the basic python3 package so you have to install the -dev package

Really not.
The reason is, that the old version does not always work:
For me, print(distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('VERSION')); prints "3.2",
but the library
is libpython3.2mu.so.
The absolute path in my patch is always the right one and I do not know any
disadvantages
of an absolute path.

> (that's kinda weird^H^H^H^H^Hf***ed up).

--Andreas Becker