[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-ux-advise] [MHST] GDB doesn't show name of methods in backtrace

Astron heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:02:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

Just a short message for a crazy idea that's somewhere in the middle.
Make it work like the find bar:
* defaults to grey italicised text reading "Current page (n)" (with n
being the page number of the current page, although the part in
brackets is optional and I'd love Christoph's opinion here – to check
if it'd be breaking any standards)
* clicking on the field deletes all text, you can type a page range[1]
* clicking out of the field when it's empty would once again show
"Current page (n)"

Of course, there are two problems with my idea:
* it is not so easy to see which page range is available. (If the
radio button approach were to be used, you could easily see that there
are pages 1–n from the default setting.) However, the page range is
visible in the main window's status bar. Additional idea to make this
more obvious: append page range to the All pages option ("All pages
(1–n)").

* some users might have no idea how to get back to the grey "Current
page" from the beginning. That's probably not ideal. But they can
still just type in any number they want, for instance the number of
the current page.

Best regards,

Astron.

[1] we could think of then showing the All pages range by default, but
that might be confusing.