[Libreoffice] Tinderbox failure... not mine!

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:48:06 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 04:36:03PM +0000, nthiebaud at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> One of you broke the build of LibreOffice with your commit :-(
>> Please commit and push a fix ASAP!
>
> That's plainly wrong. The build log for the version for the previous
> "green" build is chokefull of errors. I suspect a build system or
> tinderbox bug that fails to detect that the build failed.

The previous 'green' build should not have been green indeed... I'll
try to figure out what happened here (I suspect a bad return code
hidden in a production rules somewhere in make...)
that being said you would still have been spammed for the next commit,
since the tinderbox send email to all committer since the last 'good'
commit.

>> Full log available at http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/MASTER/status.html
>
>> Tinderbox info:
>
>>   Box name: MacOSX 10.6.7 Intel no-moz
>>   Machine: Darwin tpamac.local 10.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0: Sat Jan 29 15:17:16 PST 2011; root:xnu-1504.9.37~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
>>   Configured with: --with-distro=LibreOfficeMacOSX
>> --with-max-jobs=8
>> --with-num-cpus=6
>> --disable-mozilla
>> --enable-werror
>> --enable-epm
>> --disable-systray
>

>> Commits since the last success:

>>   0c34093  TMP_LIONEL_NOTES
>>   d6ed363  Overhaul BerkeleyDB detection logic
>
> Oh, $SWEAR_WORD. The "TMP_LIONEL_NOTES" commit was *not* supposed to
> be pushed (it adds "TODO" notes for myself as comments). I'm terribly
> sorry about that.

Well, now it is in the LO-history for all eternity :-D
you way want to push a patch to remove it though...

Norbert