[Libreoffice] Question about VersionInfo resource of Windows executables

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 13:55:39 PST 2011

2011/12/11 Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com>:
> Before I pushed my patch (3fbedc3e8f65c91999dcee42daa8312e387dcf40) I
> build from scratch with MSVC successfully. However, I learned a few
> hours later that I broke MinGW build.
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1323606001.25653#21811
> I found it strange, because 1) I didn't see any problems at line 38 in
> shlinfo.rc; 2) under MSVC no resource was built for ucbhelper. I think
> this is related to the general question I asked above.

So, I installed my first MinGW build (it's a shame that I didn't try
before ;)) and I fixed this build breaker with
	f129c4f766c30b174544ec234cbd72c7050a2fc1. Interestingly the .res file
is built but it is not linked to the dll, so my original question is
still valid. A gbuild expert should take a look at the problem.

Thanks,
Andras