[Libreoffice] fixing fdo#41264: no check marks in Line Spacing and ALignment popup menu

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:37:48 PST 2011

Michael Meeks-2 wrote

> 	That - is/was a feature. In the gtk+ world when a menu item is a radio
> or option button, it has a [ ] or [x] checked - which is in the same
> column as an icon would be for a normal item.
>
> 	In various other toolkits and suites things can be done differently,
> but IMHO the above is a pleasant way to arrange menus that doesn't waste
> space hideously. IIRC the Qt theme I worked on once, had no way of
> knowing whether a menu item was check-able unless it was checked, and so
> had some hideous fiddling with the icon to overcome this sort of
> thing :-) Various versions of MS Office (as/when it had menus) had both
> the check and an icon next to each item.

TBH I think it would make sense that for Alignment the same icons used on
the toolbar would show to the left of the text (the space is already there
and unused)

For Line Spacing, since there are no icons for spacing and options are
mutually exclusive, it should indeed have a radio button.

One question: would it be possible to have the selected Style show in the
menu with a darker background (instead of hiding the icon) as it does on the
toolbar? (or is this a Windows bug?)

--
Pedro