[Libreoffice] split links, word import issue?

Tomas Hlavaty tomas.hlavaty at knowledgetools.de
Thu Dec 15 03:06:21 PST 2011

Hi all,

I created a document xx.odt with a link.  Then I saved the link as
xx.doc.  Then opened xx.doc and found that the single original link was
split into several links, each link for one word or space from the
original link label (see xx3.odt).

It looks like the algorithm for word import should collapse text nodes
(ranges) that have the same link attribute.

This issue was already in OpenOffice 3.1.1, same behaviour in
LibreOffice 3.3.2 (split links only sometimes) but LibreOffice 3.4.4
makes this problem really apparent.

Anybody seen this issue?

Thank you,

Tomas