[Libreoffice] flat xml odf

Jos van den Oever jos.van.den.oever at kogmbh.com
Thu Jan 13 01:08:15 PST 2011

On Thursday, January 13, 2011 09:33:49 am Peter Jentsch wrote:
> I really only replaced the implementation of the flat format filter with a
> lightweight version the requires neither Java nor Xslt. I didn't  look at
> what the Odf specification says about flat XML, so I can't tell you
> inhowfar the exported XML conforms to the spec. But in principle, the
> whole XML filter infrastructure in LibO is internally based on some kind
> of flat XML structure, so there shouldn't be anything missing from the
> documents.
I trust you validated the flat XML with the RNG from the specification. Do you
have a set of test documents in flat or zip format that you use for testing the
import and export of flat xml files?

> The conversion back and forth is only insofar easy to share with other
> applications as LibO provides an API to importing and exporting documents.
> The filters depend on the LibO XML filter infrastructure an cannot be used
> independently of that.
Ok, so the code is not modular enough to easily share. I was hoping for some
xslt files that might be shared.

> The changes I made are currently on their way to the "master" branch and
> might become available with LibO 3.4.
>
> Does that answer your question?
Yes, thanks for your reply.

Cheers,