[Libreoffice] An image editing extension for writer

Fernand Vanrie sos at pmgroup.be
Tue Jan 18 03:53:11 PST 2011

Michael,

I agree with your comments, specialy to make this tool available to
other than Writer.
But can you have a look at a important OO and LO 's weakness: there is
no way to make some "Print Intentions" par Document. When placing a
Graphic, we need to know what resolution is needed to reproduce a grahic
on a certain device(screen laserprinting, offset tect...). Actual, OO
and alsoo LO got this information from the GraphicFileHeader, what is
wrong concept, the author of a graphic or picture do not know under what
conditions his work will been shown or printed.
So we need to set par Document this Printer Intentions, and i do not
know if this properties can been placed in the ODF format ?

Greetz

Fernand