[Libreoffice] Idea : container for toolbars

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jan 18 06:19:31 PST 2011

Hi Jean,

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 13:01 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> I would like to know if it would be easy to modify LibO in order to be
> able to dock the toolbars below or above the navigator as we can do with
> the stylist. If we had this feature, the user would be able to customize
> its UI a la IBM-Symphony with all toolbars on the left or on the right
> of the window.

	Sounds like a great idea to me. It is possible to dock toolbars on the
left, and, while they are floating, to tweak their height / layout too :
to make them multi-row.

> Is there already somebody who works on this, or should I file an
> enhancement request ?

	I think there is an excluded middle her. Personally I would want to see
a patch instead; Enhancement requests just clutter up bugzilla :-)

	The code you want to prod at is (I guess):

	framework/source/layoutmanager/*
and	sfx2/source/toolbox/*

	All the best,

		Michael.