[Libreoffice] creating a i18n.Collator service for calc's unit test

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Wed Jan 19 12:09:13 PST 2011

Hi there,

I've been looking into this, but I've hit a roadblock & could use some
help.

During Calc's unit test, ScGlobal creates & initializes CollatorWrapper,
which basically wrapps UNO's css.i18n.Collator service.  This class is
used in many places across Calc's core where string comparisons are
performed, but for some reason it fails to create this service during
the unit test run, and as a result all string comparisons end up being
equal (!)

I've traced the problem to the constructor of CollatorWrapper, where
creating the instance of css.i18n.Collator service fails, and returns
NULL.  In my understanding the soffice process locates service via
services.rdb, which doesn't yet exist during the build process esp at
the time when the building of the sc module finishes.

So, I have no idea how best to go about this.  Does anyone else have any
clues?

TIA,

Kohei

--