[Libreoffice] Serious bug on LO Windows installer

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Jan 21 06:24:59 PST 2011

At 6:22am -0500 Fri, 21 Jan 2011, Plino wrote:
> I did receive the email by Tor at the time. But I checked the Nabble
> site and my message was listed as pending until 1 AM, i.e 12 hours
> later... (and I have subscribed to this mailing list)

No, your message came through the list to me just over 30 seconds after
you sent it.  From the headers of the message in question that I received:

Your mailer says that you sent the message at this time:

> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 04:10:05 -0800 (PST)

The next header suggests that ben.nabble.com received it from
lists.freedesktop.org in the same second (assuming all clocks were
synchronized)

> 	by sam.nabble.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
> 	(envelope-from <pedlino at gmail.com>) id 1PftL3-00051L-Po
> 	for libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org; Thu, 20 Jan 2011 04:10:05 -0800

Skipping a few headers, it was in my inbox 33 seconds later.

> 	 by imap.earlham.edu (Cyrus v2.3.1) with LMTPA;
> 	 Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:10:38 -0500

So I have a hunch your issue is with Nabble.com.  Nabble.com, as I
understand it, is an aggregation site: it's not usually an "original
source" of information.

When you write an email to any LO list, it get's posted immediately,
modulo any filtering or intended delays.  Then, if the list
administrator has set it up, you'll see it on the archives page, usually
within a couple of hours.  Rest assured that just because your message
has not yet shown up on the archives page, it *has* gone through.  To
view the list archive, look in the header of any mail you received from
it for the List-Archive: header.  In this case,

So, the "official" source for archives is actually
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice, not Nabble.com, and I
suggest that your issue is with the latter party, not the LibreOffice lists.

> This is the first time I'm using a mailing list that converts to a
> Forum and honestly I hate it :)

That's because nabble.com is not the source!  :-)

Kevin

P.S.  It is for this exact reason that I *always* choose to receive my
own mails to list.  If I don't get it back within a reasonable amount of
time, I know that something has gone wrong.