[Libreoffice] "Upgrade" packages for windows

Arno Teigseth arnotixe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 08:50:18 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 09:18 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> Or to some other project, dedicated to generic Windows packaging.
> (cygwin folks already have done a lot in this area, so that'd
> be a good starting point).
Aha I didn't know that existed. As long as the "user experience" isn't
deteriorated [much].

However, the request was originally from a sysadmin guy, wanting to roll
out upgrades across large organizations with many ooo/LO installs.

In these cases it's probably more important for him to know what
computers actually were upgraded.

For the independent end user it's probably easier just telling him to
install the new package, than installing a packet management system to
his computer. (Just thinking of what happens when he's used to upgrading
with a packet management system and then gets a new computer - without
it...)

best
Arno