[Libreoffice] Trouble building the redland module on mac

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:13:54 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Christian Lohmaier <
lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > (I used macports instead of manual installation but I got the impression
> And actually using macports or fink or darwinports make it more
> difficult to compile.
> You're example is once again prove of this:

True. I guess we do have to keep in mind that people might have installed
stuff (like libxml) via MacPorts for other reasons. Ideally the build
wouldn't break in these cases.

>  Any ideas on what the problem could be here?

The additional stuff pulled in by macports when trying to install the
> listed dependencies (that again were wrong, you don't need libgmp,
> coreutils, automake, m4. XCode already comes with everything that is
> needed. Just use --disable-mozilla and you don't need anything in
> addition.)
>
> > Do we need to somehow change this to include LIBXML_CFLAGS and
> LIBXML_LIBS?
> > Just changing CPPFLAGS to "-nostdinc $(INCLUDE) $(LIBXML_CFLAGS)"
> > unfortunately didn't seem to help. Any advice on how to tackle this
> > appreciated.
>
> Easiest is to remove/hide the pkg-config utitily, so that configure
> doesn't even have a chance of detecing those "alien" libraries.
>
> I'll rewrite the wiki page to only list the actual dependencies
> instead of all that useless stuf... Sorry for the inconvenience

Ok, if I understand you correctly the issue is that we're not building an
internal copy of libxml, because pkg-config detects a macports installed
version of libxml but redland isn't (yet) smart enough to pick this up.
Can't we somehow make the redland smart enough to use the version of libxml
configure found at top-level? That seems to me to be the root cause of the
problem.

--
William Lachance
wrlach at gmail.com