[Libreoffice] [GSoC][performance] patches for prefixing
michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jun 24 07:08:21 PDT 2011
On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 09:57 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> I'm sending some patches to allow prefixes for components and also
> I've done prefixing for some components. It hope it will work also for
> others. I've done make from clean. But when I tried to add prefix
> for comphelper's component, make check was unsuccessful.
Fun - perhaps there is a mapfile problem - whereby we are punching a
hole through the map file for the old component_getFactory name, and not
for the new foo_component_getFactory; at least I added a unit test to
cppuhelper and struggled with this for a bit myself ;-)
Anyhow - I've merged your core patches, reverted the ABI break in
cppuhelper and done that another way (with a polymorphic impl. instead
of a default argument type). I attach a 'redo.diff' - this doesn't
really solve the problem I think, we need to add a 'prefix' parameter to
this framework macro so we can specify that as being different for each
component I think - can you hack that up ?
It looks good to me, though 'make check' no longer passes - but then,
perhaps it didn't beforehand (hard to say without a far-too-substantial
wait). I'm running some more smoketests before pushing all the new
prefix updates around the place.
> And about merging libraries. Maybe we should do this in new branch.
> Not in master.
Right - I think perhaps we'll need to do some preparatory work to get
more gnumake usage out there. Also, of course we need to tweak all the
libraries that we plan to merge into one to have prefixed component
michael.meeks at novell.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5165 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the LibreOffice