[Libreoffice] Compiler warnings ICC

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 12:50:32 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 20:33 +0100, Kenneth Venken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are a lot of compiler warnings when building ICC. It seems that
> building ICC consists of extracting

I guess we generally don't care that much about compiler warnings in the
"external" modules that contain source we didn't write outselves,
especially for the ICC stuff which is only built to run a program to
generate some custom color-profile data and then we compile that output
data into LibreOffice

> Probably better would be to use the newer SampleICC library:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sampleicc/files/sampleicc%
> 20tar/SampleIcc-1.6.3/SampleICC-1.6.3.tar.gz/download
> since this warning, and probably many others, are fixed upstream in
> 1.6.3. But i wouldn't know how to go about it.

Possibly worth a shot, just grab the .tar.gz, get a md5sum of it, stick
it into the libo/src dir as md5sum-name.tar.gz, tweak the
icc/makefile.mk to change 1.3.2 to 1.6.3, sed the .patch to change 1.3.2
to 1.6.3 and see what rejects/fails :-)

Given the big size of that patch I sort of suspect its a little tricky.

It might be better to go back over the git log of the patch and split it
back up into multiple patches per fix/feature and make multiple patches
in there as a first step. e.g. see the multiple patches in libxml2 or
icu.

C.