[Libreoffice] [GSoC] weekly report #-1

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:56:39 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On 16 May 2011 21:26, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi Matus,
>
> On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 01:14 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
>> I've created minimalistic patch (see attached) to enable moving
>> res/commandimagelist to cmd. It's now working, although there's one
>> problem.
>
>        Great; so - of course the framework code would need changing to find
> those images at run-time (surely) ? :-)

I think all "res/commandimagelist" strings in the code can be replaced
with "cmd" then. I've looked at the occurrences (not all in
helpcontent2).

>> I would remove diffmv.pl because I don't see any reason for it's
>> existence, although there may be some.
>
>        Heh :-) I -think- this is because we have a .PHONY target for
> that .ilst file - so it is executed each time, but we don't want to
> re-pack the images*.zip files each time we run build in that module :-)
> so - we need some better solution (prolly not a phony rule eg.).

Ah, I see now, it's used in packimages script and with that re-build
is really faster.

>> ImageBitmap = Bitmap { File = "commandimagelist/sc_helperdialog.bmp"; };
>> and I don't know where is decided where to find commandimagelist
>> folder. So possible solutions:
>
>        I think this is just a broken path; so just put the right path in ;-)
> does that work ?

But this is not broken path. Otherwise the build will fail. I've tried
to change the path but build fails.
I've moved the file into res/ and adapted the path to make libreoffice.

>> And I was thinking if all the files in images.zip are used and whether
>> is it possible to find out if they are. If there are many unused, to
>> remove them could help too.
>
>        In theory (AFAIR) we use the .ilst files to work out which images are
> used in .src files and include those into images.zip rather than zipping
> them all up.

That's true. But commandimage.ilst is created from all images in
default_images/cmd.
Probably they are mostly used.

all the best,

Matus