[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] First Patch

Ivan Timofeev timofeev.i.s at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:08:07 PST 2011

Hi Emanuele,

2011/11/3 Emanuele Fia <emanuele.fia at gmail.com>:
>>git reset -hard HEAD~1 # warning this looses the head commit
>>before running ./g pull -r to avoid conflicts (assuming you didn't do
>>any more commits yet).
>
> This is for reset my local repo and restore the current version on git
> repository ?

You need 'git reset --hard HEAD~1' since committer modified your patch
(HEAD in your local history). You need to reset a history to a
previous commit - HEAD's parent ('HEAD~1' or 'HEAD^'). Then it is
possible to perform git pull without any conflicts.
By the way, the great book about git: http://progit.org/book/

For example here: http://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical

> But how i can submit patch ? Send an email to this maillist and stop?
Why stop? You are able to continue! :-)

> My last patch is "formatted" correctly?
Yes it is, however your email address looks weird... Probably you need
    $ git config --global user.email emanuele.fia at gmail.com

Regards,
        Ivan