[Libreoffice] identical text for different (but close) locale at scp2/source/ooo

Lior Kaplan kaplanlior at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:00:36 PST 2011

Hi,

While translating some scp2 strings for 3.5 I notice duplicate strings
which looks weird (e.g. "Installs the Tamil user interface").

I checked the sources and notice this is because we have two locales for
Tamil:

[STR_NAME_MODULE_LANGPACK_TA]
en-US = "Tamil"

[STR_DESC_MODULE_LANGPACK_TA]
en-US = "Installs the Tamil user interface"

[STR_NAME_MODULE_LANGPACK_TA_IN]
en-US = "Tamil"

[STR_DESC_MODULE_LANGPACK_TA_IN]
en-US = "Installs the Tamil user interface"

Do we really support two locales or this is a mistake? If we do support two
locales, the users should have a way to differentiate between the two.

Kaplan