[PUSHED 3-6][REVIEW 3-6-1] fdo#53280: Reset read-only UI after successful Save As

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Aug 16 09:56:23 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 18:22 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> The "{" and "}" lines you mean?  I /do/ consider them helpful; spent a
> long time scratching my head just the other day again trying to grok

	Sure - everyone's spent time doing that; like looking for:

	if (a);
	{
		always_happens();
	}

	but ... people also waste time hitting page up and down trying to get
enough of the code in scope to see what is going on. Arguably by
habituating yourself to these being here, you're more likely to fall
victim to this when reading other people's code ;-> so bad style can be
good practise ! :-)

> Incidentally, noticed a couple days ago a commit of yours where you
> removed such "{" ... "}" lines, in a mumbo rebase commit, so thought it
> was likely more a rebasing artifact than deliberate doing.  Anyway, I
> would appreciate it if such lines were /not/ removed.

	Well - it seems that as each person touches the code, and has a
different view they change the local scope. c'est la vie. I usually try
to go for consistency in the function / module.

	On that basis it's notable that you made that function inconsistent on
this topic :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.