[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Weekly Report #13

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Aug 20 14:13:04 PDT 2012

Marco Cecchetti wrote:
> I thanks my mentor and all the community for support.

Hi Marco,

it is on us to thank you for your excellent work on svg slideshow
export!

> The only things that still doesn’t work properly, as far as I can
> see, is that hyperlinks inside animated paragraph don’t work
> properly.

Not a deal breaker really.

> You can look at the source code in the feature branch:
> feature/svg-export, that includes all new commits after the last
> master branch merging. The last commit is enough experimental.
>
> Be aware that there is still a lot of debugging code in the
> current implementation and a good amount of tracing info is
> present in the exported svg document too.

Although today is hard pens-down, I'd like to ask you to clean up
that branch as much as possible until code submission to Google is
due (end of the month or somesuch). Debugging code is perfectly ok,
if it's conditionally compiled, or defaults-off in javascript. And
let's merge it to master then.

A nice screencast, or demo svg with ~all the features would be cool
as well - that would complement the weekly logs quite wonderfully.

> 7- exporting embedded svg image natively, without transforming them
>    into a bitmap and back.

Let's chat about that next week, when gsoc is over - that looks like
a nice, rewarding easy hack for you or another interested hacker in
svg export. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten