[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Weekly Report #13

Marco Cecchetti mrcekets at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:14:11 PDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:13:04 +0200, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Marco Cecchetti wrote:

skip

>> You can look at the source code in the feature branch:
>> feature/svg-export, that includes all new commits after the last
>> master branch merging. The last commit is enough experimental.
>>
>> Be aware that there is still a lot of debugging code in the
>> current implementation and a good amount of tracing info is
>> present in the exported svg document too.
>>
> Although today is hard pens-down, I'd like to ask you to clean up
> that branch as much as possible until code submission to Google is
> due (end of the month or somesuch). Debugging code is perfectly ok,
> if it's conditionally compiled, or defaults-off in javascript. And
> let's merge it to master then.

Sure, no problem.

> A nice screencast, or demo svg with ~all the features would be cool
> as well - that would complement the weekly logs quite wonderfully.

Well, there are all the presentation samples I created on GSoC
http://users.freedesktop.org:8080/~mcecchetti/svg-export/samples/
Do you like I create a single presentation summarizing all of them ?

>> 7- exporting embedded svg image natively, without transforming them
>>    into a bitmap and back.
>>
> Let's chat about that next week, when gsoc is over - that looks like
> a nice, rewarding easy hack for you or another interested hacker in
> svg export. ;)

Ok, I already tried to investigate a bit, but I don't know how
I can get the image embedded into the XShape instance, check
its mime type, and in case is of type "image/svg" extract
the svg document.

Cheers,
-- Marco