[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Weekly Report #13

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue Aug 21 06:12:29 PDT 2012

Marco Cecchetti wrote:
> >A nice screencast, or demo svg with ~all the features would be cool
> >as well - that would complement the weekly logs quite wonderfully.
>
> Well, there are all the presentation samples I created on GSoC
> http://users.freedesktop.org:8080/~mcecchetti/svg-export/samples/
> Do you like I create a single presentation summarizing all of them ?

That would be ideal - let's say 5-10 slides with some eye-catching
effects.

> Ok, I already tried to investigate a bit, but I don't know how
> I can get the image embedded into the XShape instance, check
> its mime type, and in case is of type "image/svg" extract
> the svg document.

SVG is currently transported as an embedded payload in the graphic's
metafile - see GDIMetaFile::ImplDelegate2PluggableRenderer for how
this is implemented in vcl (a MetaCommentAction with a magic name,
followed by some stringly typed raw data stream).

Or you follow the slideshow way (importShapeGraphic there, in
shapeimporter.cxx), GraphicObject->GetGraphic()->GetLink() gives you
the raw data stream if needed.

HTH,

--
Thorsten Behrens, Director, Deputy Chairman of the Board