[RFC] syslog output from SAL_* messages

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:29:11 PST 2012

Hello,

Il 19/12/2012 14:02, Stephan Bergmann ha scritto:
> On 12/18/2012 11:55 PM, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to add it to config_host.mk.in to have it visible in
>>> solenv/gbuild/gbuild.mk (or use the newly introduced mechanism of adding
>>> a config/config_*.h that you then include in sal/osl/unx/salinit.cxx,
>>> removing the change from solenv/gbuild/gbuild.mk again).
>>
>> I've taken the approach suggested by Tor
>
> ...in which case you no longer need the change to config_host.mk.in

ok, removed the change. Now that we are mostly done will rebase and post
a new version to gerrit

>>> Did you configure --enable-dbgutil or at least --enable-debug?
>>
>> No and that was one of the causes of not seeing them :) why this SAL
>> messages are shown only on debug build?
>
> This was mainly done because the mechanisms that sal/log.hxx replaces
> (osl/diagnose.h) did it the same way. Making the logging mechanism is
> also available in production builds has been discussed on and off, and I
> guess one day we'll just make it happen. (The biggest fear is probably
> performance slowdown.)

Thanks for the explanation, don't want to open a pandora jar anyway
built with --enable-dbgutil works fine.

Dec 19 15:11:22 dexter libreoffice:
vcl:31751:1:/home/rm/src/libo/vcl/headless/headlessinst.cxx:45: ciao

thanks a lot for review time!

riccardo