OK to merge the fw? libraries in framework?

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:29:45 PST 2012

On 9 February 2012 15:59, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
> BTW, one thought about using --enable-mergelibs in a Windows build
> (MSVC or Mingw, same issue) that came to my mind:

SAL_DLLPUBLIC_IMPORT is empty for Mingw (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sal/inc/sal/types.h#n250
)
so it should be the same as for gcc.

> How is the FOO_DLLIMPLEMENTATION thing handled? Don't we in the
> --enable-mergelibs case need to add into the Library_blah.mk file for
> each library that will be part of libmerged a -DFOO_DLLIMPLEMENTATION
> for each library FOO that is part of libmerged (and that uses that
> mechanism to select between dllimport/dllexport attributes)?

I don't know, maybe MSVC will complain, but I don't see why it had to.
All symbols should be exported properly, but maybe you are right and
the one marked with import can cause problem,
because they are in the same library and not imported from another, is
it really a problem ? I have no idea (will try later)

But now --enable-mergelibs is used only for android, probably will be
used with --enable-lto for gcc
but will somebody use it on Windows ?

Matus