Revert of hrc cleanup

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 12:29:56 PDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Wednesday, 2012-07-18 21:33:26 +0200, Thomas Arnhold wrote:

> But that there are strings in use, which are never referenced in the
> source or at compile time (so that the compiler would complain) is
> some kind of strange. Or do I just not understand this?!

Some values are used as results of calculations, for example for the
specific case of the Navigator (SCSTR_CONTENT_GRAPHIC, ...) the
resources are obtained in a loop based on SCSTR_CONTENT_ROOT, see
sc/source/ui/navipi/content.cxx ScContentTree::InitRoot()

So the mere non-occurrence of a value's or constant's name in the source
doesn't mean that the value itself isn't used.

> So I revert all of those string changes now. Because I can't ensure
> that there are more of those errors. Moreover I did remove a massive
> removal of resource ids. So may it be possible that there are false
> positives too. That sucks :(
>
> Is there any way to get a real checkup what string and definitions
> are in use at all?! If not it would be safer to revert all of this
> cleanup. Even if that's very sad...

Yes, unless we have means to prove that a resource indeed is not used.
Latest example I stumbled over are the path type resources under
Tools->Options->LibO->Paths, but it seems you fixed that already with
your revert in 3e7832724e6647f6e786b0feb846b97ce8c03070. And here again
comes the --with-dbgutil build handy that when opening that tabpage
immediately spits out to stderr:

warn:legacy.osl:31119:1:/build/libo/core/tools/source/rc/resmgr.cxx:787: file:///build/libo/core/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/../program/resource/cuien-US.res
Class: 273, Id: 11022. Cannot load resource!

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD