Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) desktop integraton for LibreOffice

Timothy Pearson kb9vqf at pearsoncomputing.net
Sat May 12 16:23:08 PDT 2012

All,

I have created a patch that enables Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE, the
successor to KDE3.5.10) desktop integration for LibreOffice.  The patch is
based against a copy of the LibreOffice GIT pulled on 05/11/2012 and has
been tested as fully functional on the latest TDE development sources
(R14.0.0).

This move is required for continued desktop integration support on TDE, as
TDE has diverged significantly enough from the old KDE 3.5.10 release API
that the KDE3 integration modules no longer function within TDE desktop
sessions.  Additionally, we would like to ability to repair minor
imperfections noted within the integration modules, and potentially expand
the integration module(s) where needed.

The patch file is available in our GIT tree here:
http://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/tde/tree/main/thirdparty/libreoffice/git_05_11_2012/patches/libreoffice-trinity.diff

This patch incorporates feedback from my earlier patch attempt late last
year, and avoids code duplication with the existing KDE 3.5 integration
module as much as possible.

Please let me know if you would like any additional information!

Timothy Pearson
Trinity Desktop Project