feature/gbuild_merge needs testing

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Mon May 28 10:26:03 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 01:28:00PM +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I pushed feature/gbuild_merge branch that merges 4 gbuild-related
> branches rebased on current (~3 days old) master. It seems it still
> builds fine on linux and mingw, but I would appreciate more testing. The
> current plan is to get it back into master before 3.6 feature freeze,
> which do not leave much time (Sorry it took me so much time to do the
> merge, but there were a lot of changes, e.g., the recent TDE
> integration, and feature/gbuild_connectivity was really old (created in
> December or so)).
>
> The branch contains conversion of 5 modules to gbuild: connectivity,
> reportbuilder, scp2, shell and testtools.

After 3 days of fixing, it reportedly builds on MacOS X and Windows now
(big thanks to Norbert, Matus, David and Noel for testing!) Therefore I
am going to merge it tomorrow morning (around 6.00 UTC).

> The number of modules newly added to tail_build is not as good as I
> expected--only 9, if I counted correctly. On the other side all the
> really big ones are there already :-) There is experimental branch
> feature/tail_build that adds 19 more, but it requires a change to
> build.pl, so I do not intend to push it into 3.6 . Of course, if people
> who actually know something about the build.pl script look at commit
> 726ac115a981567b3f41613d0e0163bd010e6b17 and tell me that I am not a
> total idiot, or even that it might work at the right phase of moon, I
> can be convinced otherwise :-)

I have run another ~15 builds of this branch with different
configurations on Linux and MinGW and did not notice any problem, so I
am more in favour of using it even for 3.6. And since I have not
received any negative response on it (Michael was in favour of it and
Norbert indifferent), I am going to merge it too, after all.

D.