Calc / Kerning

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Nov 16 10:17:09 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 11:06 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On 11/15/2012 04:09 PM, Bernhard Schiffner wrote:
> > (this is my first commit here so please be patient ...)

	Drat - it's not as easy as I had thought; which is a shame.

> > I'am missing the kerning feature for cells showing the result of a formula.

	Right.

> So, there is a technical reason why achieving that for formula result is
> very difficult, I'm afraid.

	I guess part of the problem is the difference between ScStringCell and
ScEditCell - but also the string types that we hand around inside the
formula engine all being String or at best rtl::OUString which has no
formatting. I imagine an EditTextObject is an extremely heavy-weight
replacement too ;-)

> Of course, it is *possible* to support rich text properties in text
> that's a formula result, but that would require intimate knowledge of
> the inner working of Calc's cell text handling, and would probably
> requires a lot of code changes.

	I played with the competition quickly; it seems they don't do this
either right ?

	Bernhard - anything else you're interested in hacking on that might be
easier ? :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.