suggestion for feature to improve document quality

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Oct 23 05:49:28 PDT 2012

Hi Johan,

Johan Henriksson píše v Út 23. 10. 2012 v 13:17 +0200:

> I want to propose a new feature to OO. One of the final tasks when
> writing, for example, grant applications, is polishing the language.
> OO currently has a thesaurus feature which is very useful for killing
> off repetitions, but it can be taken to a new level.

This mailing list is for talking code, not for proposing features ;-)
But if you are a developer, and actually asking for code pointers, the
code for the word count dialog lives here:

sw/source/ui/dialog/wordcountdialog.cxx

And the values themselves are provided via SwDocStat.  That  is being
counted in SwDoc::UpdateDocStat() in

sw/source/core/doc/doc.cxx

which effectively mostly calls SwTxtNode::CountWords() in

sw/source/core/txtnode/txtedt.cxx

Hopefully should be reasonably straightforward :-) - interesting for you
to hack on?  Please poke us for details if you get stuck!

All the best,
Kendy