Please Add Barack Obama to Dictionary

Németh László nemeth at numbertext.org
Sun Oct 28 03:21:13 PDT 2012

Hi,

System installed LibreOffice versions can use older American English
dictionaries. On Ubuntu, the system-wide en_US Hunspell dictionary
doesn't include the word “Obama”:

$ grep Obama /usr/share/hunspell/en_US*
$

But the system installed LibreOffice uses different (the newest)
American English dictionary on Ubuntu, so it works well (under my
system).

Other options: There is/was a bug with the configuration/usage of the
British and American hyphenation patterns, maybe this is a similar
configuration problem of the spelling dictionaries on your
system-installed LibreOffice. Please, check the language of the
document, and the following words in Writer in your LibreOffice
installation: color/colour to detect the British dictionary usage in
American English documents.
Check your private dictionaries for exceptions, too. (see Help <F1>,
Index: exceptions;user-defined dictionaries).

Best regards,
László