Unpublishing API post 4.0 (was: Re: minutes of ESC call ...)

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:36:36 PST 2013

On 02/07/2013 11:04 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
 > * un-publishing interface in 4.0.1 (Kohei / Stephan)
 >     + concern about doing that in a micro release.
 >     + resolved on the mailing list.

So, we've resolved this particular API in question
(css.document.MediaDescriptor) since that one was, although marked
'published', practically equivalent of being unpublished.

But I still have concerns in this area.  What if we discover an API that
should be (or should've been) unpublished way after the initial 4.0
release?  This may happen as we venture into areas where nobody has
really ventured into up until now, and discover some obscure use of
"published" API which hinders further rework unless the API is
unpublished.  Since we still have lots of areas in our code base where
nobody has stepped up to claim maintainer-ship, this is a very likely
possibility.