[libreoffice-dev] -calling a service function from BASIC macro

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 05:11:41 PST 2013

On 02/08/2013 04:08 PM, Rai, Neeraj wrote:
>> So the org.openoffice.sheet.addin.CalcAddinSock service you specified
>> implements a new UNO interface that you added (and which has a method
>> startThr), right?
> Yes.
>
>> Did you bundle in your extension a types.rdb that
>> contains the information about that new interface?
> No. But tried to change fundamentalrc SERVICE/TYPES rows to add $ORIGIN/CalcAddinThr.rdb.  scalc complained about duplicate entry.
> I assumed that installing the extension informs scalc about my rdb. Maybe not?
>          I know about CORBA at conceptual level and how UNO works almost like CORBA just better.
>          I don't understand how the unopkg and .rdb achieve that theory. Specifically, where types.rdb fits.
>          I thought maybe unopkg add is similar to adding in types.rdb ?
>
>>> Helping you would probably be easiest if you gave the full source code of your extension,
>> along with short instructions how to build it (e.g., "call make from
>> within a configured LO SDK environment").
>
> attaching the code, makefile, and readme with instructions. to extract :
> tar -zxvf CalcAddinThr.tgz

Attached CalcAddinThr.patch solves the problem.  You inadvertently
registered the libCalcAddinThr.so UNO component both the old, active way
(by calling regcomp, which calls your component_writeInfo) and the new,
passive way (by providing a *.component file).  You may want to also
remove the obsolete component_writeInfo implementation from your
CalcAddinThr_impl.cxx.  (In order to test your code, I also needed an
explicit include of unistd.h for read(2), and drop some apparently dead
copy/paste stuff that caused additional compilation errors; I simply
included those changes in the attached patch.)

Stephan