Regarding previous mail

Adam Fyne Adam.Fyne at cloudon.com
Mon Jul 1 01:59:06 PDT 2013

I think I will go with correctness.

       Adam Fyne
        Office: +972-77-517-5008
       Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog

-----Original Message-----
From: Miklos Vajna [mailto:vmiklos at suse.cz]
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 11:48 AM
To: Adam Fyne
Cc: libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: Regarding previous mail

Hi Adam,

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 06:23:57PM +0300, Adam Fyne <Adam.Fyne at cloudon.com>
wrote:
> Regarding the previous mail – I just wanted to check something – I
> used MSO to convert the DOCX to DOC, and MSO Word said : "if you save
> as DOC you will turn alignment tabs to normal tabs".
>
> I saved it and it looks the same. LO opens the DOC correctly, and when
> saved back to DOC or DOCX – it looks fine.
>
> I just did this check because I wanted to know if maybe the 'DOC'
> importer has a 'ptab' implementation, but obviously it doesn't –
> because Word itself converts it from a 'ptab' to a 'normal tab' when
> saving as DOC.

Right -- so that's also a way to handle the situation, you can do similar
mapping of these paragraph tabs to normal tabs in dmapper, and then you
won't have to deal with paragraph tabs anywhere else in LO.
Given that such a mapping probably loses information, you need to choose
between correctness and ease of implementation. :-)

Miklos