[GSoC] Impress Remote Protocol

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Tue Jul 9 03:24:07 PDT 2013

On 05/07/13 12:38, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > For now, the server end will not send previews until either the user
> > hits the start presentation button, or the PC side starts it.
> 	IIRC this may be an artifact of the UNO interfaces involved - it was
> prolly easier to code this way. Also - if you have multiple
> presentations loaded concurrently, there might be some fun ergonomic
> issues :-)

To create the previews XSlideShowController was used
( http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/presentation/XSlideShowController.html )
which is only available when a slideshow is running.

I've just discovered the existence of XSlidePreviewCache though --
 http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/drawing/XSlidePreviewCache.html --
maybe that would be useful for getting previews -- also when no slideshow is running (It
looks like this is used for showing the thumbnails which are shown when editing presentations
-- that would also be more efficient than generating them from scratch for the remote)?

ATB,

	Andrzej