Save as formats explored

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:17:54 PST 2013

Just my 2 cents...

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Bryan Quigley <gquigs at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.
In general, it would be sad to just drop completely functionality
because someone can get confused...
maybe altering the name of this (and other format in similar
situation) and their position in the list
to clearly mark them as 'obsolete/legacy/historical' etc... ?

> 2.  Change one of these names to be consistent:
> ODF Text Document (odt)
> OpenDocument Text (Flat XML) (fodt)
>
> Either:  OpenDocument Text (odt) or Flat ODF Text Document (fodt)

I personally prefer the later.

> 3.  Change "Text Encoded (.txt)" to  "Text (Choose Encoding) (.txt) or
> "Text - Choose Encoding (.txt)"

The 2nd is clearer to me, but I can see where that is debatable... in
any case, yes, 2nd and 3rd are better than the original.

Norbert