[PUSHED] vcl/source/window/status.cxx: Translate German comments

Philipp Weissenbacher p.weissenbacher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 04:24:55 PST 2014

Hi Sven,

I hope Stephan does not mind I chime in on this. I am in the same
situation: still wanting to contribute, but not investing too much free
time.

> How to call a developer's attention to small pieces of code?

In my experience the developers already know about that and there's no need
to worry.
I know these weird macros create an itch one really would like to tackle
right away, but it's just not worth the trouble if you can't/don't want to
compile.

If, however, you find a "2do" or a "Sollte noch optimiert werden" feel free
to append a TODO/FIXME.

> And especially: may I combine that with translation patches?

Keep in mind that a commit should be concise and as much as possible
constrained to what the commit message says.
That way people can keep the quality work (translation of a language they
don't understand) from the "clean up the mess" work.

In most of my commits I translate and remove the ASCII art as that yields a
lot of benefits.

BTW: It's good practice to at least run ./autogen.sh before commiting (that
catches these nasty syntax errors).
See here for more:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Patch_Handling_Guidelines#Keep_German_comment_translation_separate

Cheers,