FDO - New Milestone

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 19 22:51:59 PST 2014

On 20/11/2014 04:38, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> Oh, certainly -- there a number of different groups of bugs on which
> we can focus :-)
>
> The 'preBibisect' bugs are always a great group to QA to tackle.
> Currently we have 17 bugs that need sleuthing to figure out where in
> the [OOo - LO 3.5] range they first appeared, and the OSX bibisect
> repo is perfect for that purpose:
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&list_id=495684&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&version=PreBibisect
>
> Aside from prioritizing bugs and putting them on MAB lists, is there
> anything specific QA can do to highlight specific bugs for the devs?

Hi Robinson,

Just rethinking about all this, I realize I forgot the fact that it was
corresponding from QA point of view.
I mean, role of QA team is to confirm bugs and provide additional info
like bt, bibisect, etc. then role of dev team is to fix them.
So once a bug is confirmed with perhaps additional info, QA role is
finished (except perhaps retesting with a newer version if it hasn't
been touched during lots of time) and it's normal.

At first sight, since I was reading dev forum, I had thought that the
dev team should consider in priority to reduce UNCONFIRMED bugs.

Sorry for the noise.

Julien (simple contributor who juust tries to triage/ask or provide
additional info like bt and sometimes fix just easy bugs)