LibreOffice Crash

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Tue Apr 7 06:00:11 PDT 2015

Christian Lohmaier wrote:

 > On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org> wrote:
 > > Sorry that the previous mail was sent as a reply to an unrelated message.
 > > Please disregard and use this one.
 > >
 > > I got the dreaded DeploymentException again. This time I compiled LO 4.4.2.2 from sources. The reason I do this is because I want to apply some patches that are important for me, but are not yet available in the release.
 > >
 > > I am on Mac OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite), and I used the following autogen options:
 > >
 > > ./autogen.sh PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python3.3 --with-ant-home=/opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/
 >
 > Every Mac Build instructions should mention to stay away from
 > third-party stuff like macports, fink, darwinports or whatever they
 > call it, unless you exclusively use it to install build-requirements
 > and no additional stuff.

I made sure that /opt/local was not in the environment during the build: bot in PATH, no loader environment variables etc. Only the reference to ant, but I guess ant is only used during the build and will not end up in the LO executable. Is that right?
Of course I could put the ant somewhere else.

In config.log and config.status the only references to /opt are the ant reference, and WGET=/opt/local/bin/wget. The latter comes in because configure explicitely searches it there.

 > Chances are, that if you have a non-apple (and non-LO-external
 > library) component installed, you got more of those that might then
 > conflict.
 >
 > Having stuff in /usr/local as well as in /opt as well as additionally
 > in /Library (your junit.jar) might even indicate that you mix those
 > frameworks, and that might even have worse sideeffects.

So where else could junit.jar be, because I had to install it seperately. It was not in the standard Java installation AFAIK.

 > Mac builds really is only tested and known to work according to the
 > build-instructions in the wiki, namely just XCode (and
 > autoconf/automake & touch from coreutils)

So that would mean compiling with /usr/local and /opt/local removed? The problem is, on my aging Macbook a full compilation takes about 21 hours, and I would be handicapped if I took them away unless I take a long weekend away.

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/